Banner Self-Service General Overview
Banner is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software product (also referred to as a Student Information System, or SIS) that assists the five Alamo Colleges and District Support Offices in recording and maintaining information/data for their students and employees. Students will access Banner Self-Services to review college admission and financial aid information, register and pay for classes, and obtain academic records. For faculty, staff, and student employees, Banner serves as the the payroll and benefits system.
The purpose of this guide is to provide a general overview of Banner Self-Services for employees.
Once you have logged into ACES, select any Web Services link to open the Banner Self-Service main menu in a new browser tab or window. The main menu offers links to the following items:
- Personal Information - View/update your address(es) and phone number(s), e-mail address(es), emergency contact information; view name change and social security number change information; and customize your directory profile.
- Faculty Services - Enter grades and registration overrides; view class lists and student information.
- Employee - Submit time sheets, request time off, and view benefits, leave, or job data; access pay stubs, W2 forms, and W4 data.
Also found on the Banner Self-Service main menu:
- Student - Register for classes and view student accounts/records.
- Site Map - View informational hierarchy and access direct links for any Banner Self-Service.
- Exit - Securely exit and close out Banner Self-Services and ACES session.
Instructors and advisors have access to the Faculty Services section within the Banner Self-Service menu. Frequently accessed links include:
- Midterm / Final Grades - Enter students' mid-term and final grades for courses you are currently teaching. Find detailed guides and designated grade reporting dates for each part-of-term in the ACES Faculty tab, Faculty Resources portlet.
- Student Course Withdrawal - Initiate a course drop for a student or approve a student's course withdrawal request.
- Week at a Glance - View your class schedule by day/time for the current, previous, or upcoming weeks.
- Summary Class List - Displays all current registrants for a course you have been assigned to teach. Compare this list with your Canvas course roster to ensure all students who are registered in the class have access to your Canvas course content.
Faculty, staff, and student workers have access to the Employee section within the Banner Self-Service menu. Frequently accessed links include:
- Time Sheet - Log work/leave hours and submit your time sheet for supervisor approval.
- Payment Information - Verify payment information, including benefits and deductions.
- Leave Balances - View current hours of accumulated/spent personal leave, sick leave, or vacation time.
- View Email Password - Retrieve your email password to set up your @alamo.edu email on your workstation or personal device.