Enabling Waiting Rooms within Zoom
The Waiting Room feature allows the meeting host to control when a participant joins the meeting. As the meeting host, you can admit attendees one-by-one or hold all attendees in the waiting room and admit them all at once. You can send all participants to the waiting room when joining your meeting or only guests, participants who are not on your Zoom account or are not logged in.
Participants will see the following screen when joining a meeting with Waiting Room enabled:
You can also customize the waiting room screen with your own logo, title and description when the waiting room is enabled for all meetings.
Note: If the Waiting room option is enabled, Join Before Host will not work for all meeting(s).
3. Scroll down until you see the Waiting room option. Click the Status toggle to enable it.
4. Select who you want to admit to the waiting room.
- All participants: All participants joining your meeting will be admitted to the waiting room.
- Guest participants only: Only participants who are not on your Zoom account or are not logged in will be admitted to the waiting room. If not logged in, they will have an option to login.
Note: If the Waiting room option is enabled, Join Before Host will not work for those selected meeting(s).
Before you can enable Waiting Room for an individual meeting, you must enable it in your meeting settings.
1. Log in to the Zoom web portal.
2. Click Meetings.
3. Click a meeting topic to edit it or schedule a new meeting.
4. Under Meeting Options, check Enable Waiting Room.
5. Click the Save button.