Immersive View in Zoom Meetings
With more and more time spent having virtual meetings, users are wanting closer to an in-person experience. Introducing Zoom's newest feature, Immersive View. This Zoom feature allows users to change their virtual background to reflect a more immersed user experience.
- Zoom Desktop Client
- Windows version 5.6.3 or higher
- macOS version 5.6.3 or higher
- Zoom Mobile app
- Android version 5.6.3 or higher
- iOS version 5.6.3 or higher
- For macOS: OS version 10.13.3 (High Sierra) and above
How to Check Zoom Desktop App Version
- On the system tray (bottom-right of the taskbar)
- Right-Click the Zoom Icon, Click About
2. Next, a pop-up will appear showing your Zoom Desktop App version.
To update your Zoom Desktop App, please contact your local IT Helpdesk for assistance. Administrative access may be required.
College ITS Helpdesks
Northeast Lakeview College ITS Helpdesk
Northwest Vista College ITS Helpdesk
Palo Alto College ITS Helpdesk
San Antonio College ITS Helpdesk
St. Philip's College ITS Helpdesk
District ITS Helpdesk
To enable this feature during a Zoom Meeting, the host will have to:
- Go to the top right of the Zoom meeting and click View.
- Select Immersive Scene.
If you do not see the Immersive Scene option, either:
The next scene will allow the user to select the scene that will be presented for all participants.
- Select the Scene you would like as the Immersive View background.
- Click Start
Please note every Scene has a max capacity as indicated by the small numbers in the scene boxes. Whoever doesn't fit will be moved to the top of the screen.
Once you have clicked start. Your meeting room will change its view to the scene you have selected with the participants dispersed.
For more information on the Immersive View feature, please view this Zoom Support Guide.
- To enable this feature, login to your Zoom account.
- Go to Settings, in the Meeting tab go to the In Meeting (Advanced) section, and verify the Immersive View option is enabled.
By default this feature is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the toggle button to enable it.
- If the setting is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level. Please contact your Zoom Administrator if you have any questions.